Monday, April 18, 2011

A Blog Per Day Keeps The Therapist Away...

I would love to be a consistent blogger- but even now I'm quickly typing with one eye on the monitor and one eye on the clock (I'm fancy like that), waiting for Courtney to wake up at any minute, rubbing her eyes and asking for cereal. I've thought of several things to write on in the past month, now here I am writing about, well, writing. Strange how that happens, right? I am an outward processor. I've got to get one thought out before I can finish another.

So here it is, the thought for the day: "A blog per day keeps the therapist away." Nothing against therapists here, I was just thinking that if I would take time each day to put my thoughts on cyber paper maybe I could spend less time trying to hash out my thoughts with Barbie and Dora. They look great on TV, but in real life they aren't very good counselors. Barbie just tells me to look my best, and Dora always rattles off something in Spanish about monkeys... too bad I took German in high school! Stay at home moms don't always have the best outlets for processing. We're surrounded by little ears with tender hearts. We don't want to burden our kids with the little worries that sneak up on us through the day- like bills or frizzy hair or the lady at Silver Dollar City who commented on my weight last Saturday... uh, I mean... yup. We don't need to load our kids down with that petty stuff, but we've got to work through it sometime.

We outward processors usually just need a way to get our thoughts OUT. We tend to pray out-loud, even in private. We write. We learn through teaching. We have coffee with girlfriends and discuss our prayer requests for 20 minutes before actually praying... at least I do.

My little princess just woke up. She smells like syrup, which means the pancakes we had for dinner last night are lodged somewhere in her hair... so it's breakfast and bath time and then we're off to Target to find dress shoes for Courtney. It's going to be a good day- because isn't any day good when you get to buy shoes??

No comments:

Post a Comment