Saturday, September 10, 2011

Fall is in the air...

That's right! FALL!! Ok, so officially we still have about two weeks till the first day of fall, but here in NW Arkansas the leaves have started to change, I've got my Autumn Leaves plug-ins from B&BW, and the windows have been open nearly every day this week. I heart fall. I also heart being crafty... so I thought I'd share my latest project with you all:


TADAAAA!!


Ok, so it's nothing fancy, but I love it! I had this picture holder "thingy" from Pier 1 already. I used pipe cleaners to twisty-tie some pine cones to the center. Then I found some old tiles in our garage, made a "Be Thankful" tile and traced the kids' handprints:

I used Sharpie permanent pens & markers to decorate, then I attached a pipe cleaner to the back using duct tape and super glue (um, not sure how long that will last, but here's hoping!). Then I cut out little leaves from card stock, decorated a few with the Sharpie pen, and wrote things we're thankful for. I also added pictures from this time last year along the top to remind us of how our family has grown over the last year.


All in all it took about an hour to complete- most of that time was spent trying to trace my one-year old's hand, haha! Super simple. Makes me want to decorate the rest of my house! My hope is that this will inspire someone out there to create their own fall-ish project. Remember, it doesn't have to be perfect- it just has to be from the heart:)

No comments:

Post a Comment