Thursday, February 9, 2012

Love Week- Days 1 & 2...

You may remember the Valentine's Day wreath I posted a couple of weeks ago (click here to see it). Well, it's time to get started! Each day, the week before V-Day, I'm taking time to share a Bible verse about love with my 4 yr old. I'm also making a point to tell her one thing I love about her, and doing one activity that expresses love to someone else.


 I completely forgot about it yesterday, since we were at my parent's house, so this morning we simply talked about how visiting & encouraging people can show God's love. 

We also worked on today's activity: making Valentine's Day cards. Of course, her attention span was super-short, but we were able to make enough for her grandparents. As we made the cards we talked about God's love for us and how we can love others by sending them a sweet card. She used an ink pad and her thumbprints to make hearts & polka-dots, and they turned out so cute!



I'll continue to post our activities throughout the week, just in case you're looking for something to do with your little ones and want a few ideas. Maybe what we do here can spark a new creative idea for you! I've planned on several other activities, including cleaning up trash at the park and making cookies for our neighbors. Hopefully this will get us on the right track to start some community service. I want my kids to grow up knowing how to serve, and full of joy when they give of themselves to help someone else. I know myself, and I know that if I don't get out of my comfort zones, then my kids never will, either. So, here goes! Let's take time to be intentional about loving others this week as we gear up for Valentine's Day. It's not just about chocolate and lovers and perfume and what-not. It's a great opportunity to explain true love- God's love- to our kiddos, and help them discover how to show that love to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment