Saturday, July 28, 2012

Double Birthday Party...

The kids celebrated their 5th and 2nd birthdays at our house today, and we had a blast! It was a bit challenging to blend two party themes, but I found the common denominator and went with that: dirt. Courtney had a gardening party theme, Matthew had a construction zone theme.

We played "pin the bug on the flower" and had a timed game to see who could build a marshmallow tower fastest. We even had a pinata. I used corn husks died in French Vanilla flavored coffee on the cake, and used roses I made from gum paste. I used crushed Oreos as the "dirt". We had a build-your-own-trailmix bar and fresh fruits and veggies. The pom- poms were made from tissue paper, and I printed the signs using my computer. Check out the pics below:)




































































 Getting ready to build marshmallow towers



Pin the bug on the flower game.







Pinata












 The final blow!



Home Depot aprons to go home with our guests.
















No comments:

Post a Comment