Thursday, August 25, 2011

♪ I'm a Beaver, YAAH! ♫

Just a quick, funny story today:

We had iTunes playing last night in the dining room when we sat down to dinner. I suppose I was trying to create a certain atmosphere after a hectic day. A song came on called "My Redeemer Lives." Courtney and Matthew were rocking out, bobbing their heads. Eventually, Courtney looked up from her spaghetti, smiled and asked, "Why is she being a beaver?" We had no idea what she was talking about, so we prodded for more information. It turns out that she misunderstood the singer's words. When they sang "My Redeemer lives," she thought they were singing, "I'm a beaver, YAAH!" My husband and I cracked up. After a while that's all we could hear. It made the next 2:15 or so quite funny, to say the least!

Now I can't get the song out of my head only, it's the new and improved "Beaver" version! It's been floating around all day, causing me to laugh out loud and embarrass myself in public. I laughed at the mall. I laughed at the library. Even at home I can't stop laughing as I picture the Hillsong crew up on stage, hands lifted high, singing "I'm a beaver! YAAH!!"

You know, just a few days ago I had a really negative song stuck in my head. I asked God to get it out and help me think of a more positive one... maybe this is the answer to my prayer!

♪♫♪♫ I'm a beaver! YAAH!! ♪♫♪♫






No comments:

Post a Comment