Monday, August 15, 2011

Oh, to be loved...

Today I wanted to post a video and lyrics to one of my favorite David Crowder Band songs. The video is cool but can be distracting if you're trying to focus on the words, so I've posted the words below if you want to scroll down and follow along while the song plays.


One of my all-time favorite scriptures describes who Jesus is. It's found in Colossians 1:15-20.

"The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

 For in him all things were created:

 things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities;

 all things have been created through him and for him.

 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the

 dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 

For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him,and through him to reconcile to 

himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by

 making peace through his blood, shed on the cross."


What are the ramifications of being loved by the One who holds the earth in the palm of His hand? By the only One with the power to reconcile all things to Himself? If we were to make a list it would compare to a mere drop in the ocean. Just let this song wash over your soul today and remember that God loves you- and I mean that more than just in the cheesy Vacation Bible School smiley-face sticker way. I mean, really. He LOVES you. Like a perfect Father to his children. Like a Husband to his bride. Like a Friend. Like a Creator to His creation. He LOVES you. Just sit and think about that for a bit while this song plays.






He is jealous for me, Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us so
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us so

He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.


We are His portion and He is our prize
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes
If grace is an ocean, we're all sinking
So Heaven meets earth like an unforeseen kiss
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest
I don't have time to maintain these regrets
When I think about the way

And oh, how He loves us oh
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us so


Yeah, He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.

1 comment: